✨stocks!✨

Hi! On February 16, 2021, my class was given $20,000 each (not real money) to invest in socks because we read The Westing Game, a novel by Ellen Raskin. In The Westing Game, there is a character named Turtle Wexler! She loves the stock market and is always interested in it. The stocks I invested in were Amazon (5 shares), Netflix (1 share), Target (1 share), Lululemon (1 share), Starbucks (1 share) and Google (1 share)! Above you can see how my stocks went up and down over the span of three months.

Something new I did during this project was using formulas in Google Spreadsheets! That is basically where if you type in a certain thing, it will automatically do the math for you. That helped me to see how much money I gained and lost!

AMAZON: I bought five shares of Amazon, which is where I spent most of my money! At the time that I bough it, each share costed $3,269.56! For one share! Through Amazon, I gained exactly $0.

NETFLIX: I bought one share of Netflix. When I bought it, each share cost $557.12. Through Netflix, I lost $53.85.

TARGET: I only bought one share or Target as well. The cost of one share was $191.2. Through Target, I gained $35.3!

LULULEMON: I bought one share of Lululemon. Each share cost $342.83. Through Lululemon, I lost $17.38.

STARBUCKS: I bought one share of Starbucks, and each share cost $106.07. Through Starbucks, I gained $7.19.

GOOGLE: Google was the last company I invested in, and I bought one share of that. Each share cost $2126.95, and through Google I gained $199.55!

Thanks for reading! <3