✨Window or Mirror?✨

“when you reach me” by pqgw is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

When you’re reading a book, you can think about if it is a window or mirror for you. A window would be like a window into a different world that you can’t relate to, like Harry Potter, because I’m not a wizard living in London, and a mirror would be a book that you can relate to. I am reading When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. This book is a window because it takes place into he 70’s in New York City. Although I am in 6th grade and the main character is as well, we are really different. She has single mother. Her mom is a lawyer, and my dad is a lawyer, so I can relate to that, but overall it is a window.

When You Reach Me is about a girl named Miranda. She has a best friend named Sal, and they walk to and from school together everyday. One day Sal gets punched by a kid and shuts Miranda out of his life. Soon after, Miranda finds a piece of paper in her book that says “I am coming to save your friend’s life, and my own.” She receives more notes, each weirder than the last, and whoever is writing them seems to be able to tell the future. Miranda becomes scared that she must prevent a tragic death. But when she receives the final note she thinks it’s too late.

I love this book so much! If you like The Miscalculations of Lighting Girl then I think you will like this book.

That’s all from me! Bye! <3